Monday 4 May 2009

Aces High

Running, scrambling, flying
Rolling, turning, diving, going in again
Run, live to fly, fly to live, do or die
Run, live to fly, fly to live, Aces high
----

Ah, the adrenaline of a good dogfight!
When the dance of death starts, when the hail of ammunition fills the space between the combattants.. it is so beautiful.

I had been scouting for targets all day, and every juicy one was at a POS or hugging stations/safespotted.
So I decided to try a little "Spectre"
What I mean is, Spec is very adapt at getting a fight from someone,
and on his terms.
So when I found a Cormorant, a destroyer class ship sitting still outside a station I tried a bit of persuation.
The Cormorant can be very deadly to a small frigate like the one I was in, if it is in the hands of a skilled player and fitted the small blasters it has bonuses for.
In this instance, the player was a neutral about as old as me, so I ventured he would not be very well equipped.
The problem was, since he was just outside a station, I could not engage him in my little Frigate.. the guns would shoot me instantly.. or he would just dock.

But if you do an agressive act outside, even against a red blinky like me, you cannot dock for a while.. so I locked and orbited the destroyer, hoping he would feel cocky at taking on a smaller ship.. and since I am an outlaw, he could engage me without reprecussions.
And he did.

Silly person!
Now I can shoot back, and you are not going anywhere!
Turned on all my offensive modules and blasted into him.
I noticed he had big troubles hitting me at all, even if he had 8 guns and I had 3, his was either not meant for the ship, or too slow to track me as I speedily orbited him.

KER-POW!
Dead destroyer!
I bet he feels silly now! Seldom have my shiplogs recorded a worse fit ship, also he was the one who started the fight, so he cant really whine about it eh?
------------------------
OOC:
You thinkin you tough?

Fight me HERE
(Really fast to make a fighter and challenge me..)

Also, I was added to the EvE Blogroll
over at Crazykinux
Needless to say, there is alot of reading material out there on "teh intarwebz" so pop over and rummage through the multitudes of stuff available.
That is the wonderful things about EvE.. it fits all different kinds of players, from crazy pirates to savvy buisness-types.

2 comments:

  1. Nice kill :)

    P.S. Aces High is the best song ever. If I ever make an Eve video it will definitely be in the background.

    ReplyDelete